Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wimpy White Boys and Super Duper White Girls

Well, it's official. Wimpy White Boys really do exist. At least, that is what we have been told with regard to premie babies and the Fordham's have lived up to the billing. You see, out of all races and both genders caucasion males tend to take the most time to leave the hospital and go home. It's something in our genetic makeup that tells us white boys to take our time learning basic life skills such as swallowing or regulating our heart rate. Can you guess who does the best? Well, if you are reading this blog posting and comprehending it at all you would be remiss if you did not say caucasion females. And if super duper white girls was the first thing that came to your mind when I asked that question then give yourself a gold star b/c you would be right. For some reason the fairer of the sexes appears to be the stronger of the sexes as well. Of course, I am not talking about physically but from a genetic standpoint. And from that standpoint us "whimpy white boys" can't hold the genetic jock of our prettier selves. So, with that being said, I Will simply waive my white flag acknowledging that we, being men, are truly the weaker sex. Women, you are prettier, smarter and honestly you smell a lot better than us dudes out there. It's with this realization that I am proud to announce to the world that KT and i's baby girl Maggie came home today. She simply kicked NICU butt and came home after a mere 5 weeks! Think about that for a second. Technically, Maggie Lyn is only at 36 weeks and if she were born today she would be viewed as a month premature. Yet, our little girl told the hospital "asta la vista" earlier today. I even think I heard her tell the nurse that she "really appreciates all everyone did for me but I'm ready to go home now. My daddy needs me so I'm going to go home and get moved in". In fact, she is sitting in her nap nanny right now next to me as I write this and she just wanted me to tell everyone that she appreciates your thoughts and prayers and she knows they worked. There is no way she could have done so well if it wasn't for your strength. She said she misses her brothers but knows her wimpy white bros will be here shortly.

So, let's all give a big round of applause for our little Super Duper White Girl Maggie!!!

Mamma and Daddy luv you and are proud of you precious girl

Rooming Inn at the Hospital with Maggie

It was a long night and I cut my toe open on a chair!

Maggie being Rolled Out!!

Welcome Home 

She is so Tiny

She is Happy to be Home

To Cute

Mamma and her sweet baby girl

In her own bed for the 1st time

1 comment: