Friday, July 29, 2011

Fat Bastard Feet and Giant Hu Hu's

Giant HuHu's

Before I begin let me please warn some of you that this particular blog may offend some people. It is not meant to do so nor is it meant in seriousness. Katie and I just happened to be talking tonight about some of the funny or unexpected things we have observed over the past few weeks in regards to our pregnancy. (yes I was apart of the pregnancy. Just ask KT. I gained 10lb's, my back started hurting more, and my feet swelled. Strange thing though. I was the only one who craved CHOCOLATE all the time)
In our discussions two things stuck out (Quite literally actually!). Just ask Peggy (Or JP as the Trio will know her as). She was there for a good part of this conversation. She, being an seasoned Nurse Practitioner of 30+ years, also was at a loss for words for our first observation. Which was this. (And again, please do not take this the wrong way, it was simply an observation.) Here goes - - Why did our baby girl have such a giant HuHu? (and for those of you not up to date on a HuHu it is sometime referred to as a JayJay or a... Actually, I better leave that alone) I mean, WOW! It seriously was the first thing I noticed when I saw her. It was not an, "Aww she is so precious. Look at her little rosy cheeks and sweet little hands and feet." No, my first thought was, "OMG, that thing looks like it belongs on teenager." Dont worry though, it was really a very fleeting thought. A split second really. However, it did occur to me later that night that I had seen it. The funny thing is that I saw her first so my expectations for the boys might have been a little scewed. In fact, My mind went to the rational that if her thing is THAT big  I'd hate to see what the boys look like. I wondered, to myself of course, if maybe I had some super power that allowed my children to have... Well, lets just say to be well endowed. Unfortunetly,  much to my dismay, (and to my pride) seeing their lil dingers brought me back down to reality. While they were perfect just like everything else on them they were also just very proportional. :( Oh well, my small glimmer of manly bravado would have to crawl back into its shell for a little longer.

Fat Bastard Feet

Again, please know that this is to be taken in a very light hearted manner. KT, you know I love you??? Right??? Right (She may not after she reads this)

OMG! My eyes were as wide as sacucers as I saw the covers slowly lifted from the bed for the first time post surgery to reveal what I can only compare to Fat Bastard Feet (In case u are unaware, mom I'm talking to you, of who Fat Bastard is please rent Austin Powers Movies) My heart instantly sank. Hundreds of thoughts raced through my mind. I mean, are they going to be like this forever? Please tell me this is reversable! Will she ever be able to wear close toed shoes again? Is their enough room in our bed at home for those things!!! It even occured to me that she may never be able to enjoy her beloved  swimming again. Seriously! Those things will sink straight to the bottom like an anchor! OMG, she could drown! Oh wait, nevermind. With 3 munchkins we will only be in the kiddie pool for the next several years. Whhheww!! That was a close one!
Actually, I feel so so sorry for my sweet KT but she has taken it in stride. Literaly (she has no stride anylonger. she can't pick up those bricks she calls feet) HA J/K Honey. We all know that the swelling will eventually subside and your beautiful legs and ankles will soon return to normal. (we hope :)

Take a look for yourself folks

 Cankles anyone!!!
Mrs. Shrek called... She'd like her legs back :)

2 comments:

  1. Katie, honey, I had those same feet twice. Went home from the hospital both times barefoot because even flip flops don't fit Fred Flintstone feet. I promise they do go back to normal. Rhett, don't worry about the hu hu thing. It's just hormone overload from Mom. That too will go back to normal. You two have been so blessed three times over. Remember that when they are teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhett, Honey really didn't want to read this one!

    Love ya'all...Aunt Babs

    ReplyDelete