Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day Two Cont'd - Afternoon Visitors

Grandparents, Friends and Nurses oh my! Hello everyone. We are new to this world and we are very very small. But don't let our size fool you. We are Fordham's. We are strong. All of us are off our CPAP's and breathing on our own. You may say, "but I see some nasal inserts in the pictures." Well, that is the case but it is only there for emergencies. Don't believe me? Well, just ask nurse Jerry. She has been at this for 28 years and told us we are some of the best 31 week Triplets that she has ever seen. And we believe her :) My brother Larkin and my sister still have their UAC lines in their belly buttons but Dr. Palmer told me they could probably take those out tomorrow. That means that all of us will be able to eat orally. Isn't that great. I mean, who shows up to this life 9 weeks early, is already able to breath on our own and within a couple days can eat on our own? Well, i'll tell you. the FORDHAM TRIO thats who.

This afternoon we had some visitors. Nurse Jerry told me that we are very rare and to expect a lot of visitors. She also told me that I have an unusually large family. She said I have like 8 grandparents, 10 aunts and uncles and lots of triplet groupies. I don't really know what any of that means since I'm 32 hrs old but thats ok. My dad (I think he made me) took a lot of pics (you can see them below) because mama said that is what does. Takes lots of pictures. Today, we were all able to meet Bitzy (our dad's mom), DeDa (our mom's dad), Mimi (our mom's stepmom), Big Willy (my dad's best friend - Dad told me he has a hard time pulling the trigger or something and he was there to check us out and see how this whole parenting thing was) and Lindsey (Big Willy's girlfriend). Everyone that visited was so so nice. All they wanted me to do was stick my butt up on the air for them. Piece of cake. any 32 hr old can do that. I even heard they changed my brother Larkin's diaper and helped my sister Maggie take her temperature. See what I mean by being so nice. Anyway, I'm tired so I'm going to stop dictating this to my dad now. I can see his eyelids closing slowly now anyway so i'm sure he is pooped as well. He told me he was going to add some pictures below if you want to take a look. Don't hesitate to tell your friends about us. We expect to be famous by day 44 :) 

Kade

 Bitzy and Larkin (She wants to be called Ditzy. Maybe we should do a poll between Bitzy or Ditzy)
 Bitzy/Ditzy, Deda and Mimi

 Grandmothers with Maggie
 Daddy changing Larkin's dirty diaper (1st time ever)
 Maggie
 Big Willy and Lyndsey
 Maggie sitting up
Bitzy/Ditzy and Daddy with Me.

2 comments:

  1. I must say, Daddy is very good at this blog stuff! We are so happy you all are here....can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhett you have a little bit of PaPa in you with the pictures! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete