Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It takes a Village

Kade - "Yes. 4 sets of grandparents!!"

That look says it all.. "I am the princess.. I can stay up from 11- 4am if I want to!" 

Larkin - I like to eat, sleep and repeat
I am sure most of you know the saying.. "it takes a village" well thats the best way I can describe what it feels like to have all the babies at home. Words alone can not describe the gratitude that Rhett and I feel towards all of our family and friends. As most of you know, we both come from "blended families" which means there are 4 sets of grandparents, lots of aunts, uncles & cousins. Top that with the fact that Rhett and I were raised in Nashville.. which means lots of friends from childhood through adult life and you can imagine how big our "village" is. Having family and friends alone does not mean that they are necessarily going to be involved, however that is not the case with us. Our "village" is absolutely awesome!!
In the last 10 days we have had help feeding, burping, cuddling, bathing, changing diapers, washing clothes & bottles. And that is just with the babies. That does not include the "not so fun stuff" like cleaning the fridge, scrubbing the floor, cleaning the bath tub, watering flowers, trimming the bushes, making dinner, washing dishes, putting away dishes, etc. Some of you might think I am just listing things but thats not the case... all of these things have been done by some one for us in the last 10 days. It seems like the mere phrase of "thank you" is not enough.
Not only are we thankful for those things, we are also so grateful for the the love our babies have now and as they grow. As a mom of multiples, you can't help but wonder/worry.."will I have enough love for all three of them?"; "will they feel special enough?" "will they be held and loved on enough?" But I can take comfort knowing that our "village" is there to help make sure that the answer to all those questions is "yes"!!!
So we just want everyone to know how grateful we are, how much we love our village and that we look at each other daily and say thank God we don't have to do this alone.

Much love to "our village"

KT & Rhett

No comments:

Post a Comment