Sunday, September 4, 2011

Home Again Home Again Jiggitty Jig

The Gangs all Here! For the first time last night the Fordham 5 was together. Needless to say, KT and I are so so happy to have our babies home for the first time. I can't describe the feeling. The best way to say it is that it is AWESOME! We are stocked to not have to go back to the hospital anymore. Since KT was admitted in the Hospital 6 1/2 weeks ago its been a daily journey to the land of the monitors, scrub brushes and NICU nurses. And granted, we are extremely grateful to all the nurses (Especially Tammy and Dorelle) and Centennial Hospital, we were ready to get the family home. With that hope now comes the work though. KT and I took shifts last night and by this morning realized this was going to be the hardest thing we ever do. In fact, I had a fun little story from the boys point of view that I was going to write for this blog but when you are working on 4-6 hours of sleep a day for 5 straight days the whit and creativity seem as far away from me as china did when i looked out across the Gulf of Mexico as a kid.(4the record I know that china isn't across from the gulf but I did think it was when I was a kid) So, instead of a story this morning (plus its almost feeding time again) I'm going to let the pictures of our beautiful babies tell this story. 
Kade and Larkin Ready to Take Their First Car Ride

Leaving the Hospital for the Last Time

The Trio is Together Again. 

Nap Nannies are the BOMB!

This is the most refreshed you will see Mamma for months to come :)
Larkin, Maggie, Kade

Same w/ Papa

1st Family Photo at Home

Go Vols!

Camp Fordham

An Ariel View

Sleeping so good this morning!

Again, Words cannot describe the feeling KT and I had in our hearts last night when we looked at each other and then down to all three of our angels in OUR home without wires or tubes for the first time. I'm not much of a religious man but all I can say is that it was a religious experience. A truly once in a lifetime experience that fills your chest with a tightness and overwhelming feeling of love. I am the happiest/tired man in the world. Catch you guys later

Rhett

No comments:

Post a Comment