Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Playtime

So, Katie and I decided that since the kids are becoming so mobile it would be wise to put in a playpen so that they could have a "Safe" area to play when we are out of the room. We bought the frame and set it up last weekend. It is filled with all kinds of toys and fun stuff for 9month old kids. What we have found out is that all long as someone is in the room or near by they will play in there area just fine. However, if you leave the room for more that a couple minutes all heck breaks lose. It usually just begins with one of the three. That kid, its different each time, is the first to notice, "Hey, where is the big person? I don't see the big person. Oh no, the big person left me all alone in this cage with these two crazy dwarfs. Whatever am I going to do? They might trample me or sit on my head or steal my passe. I better sound the alarm. Whhhaaaaaaaa!" Once the first one starts it only takes about 1 minute, you can set your watch by it, that the second one will start only to be followed shortly by the third. The funny part is that their playpen is about 10 feet by 6 feet and they could all be comfortably in their own space if they wanted to. but noooo, for some reason all three feel like it is essential that they all stack up on each other like bails of hay. I have no idea why but they will push each other down, Kade, poke the other ones eye, Kade, or even put hair. (Sorry Maggie, your the only one with enough to get pulled) just to get to the same toy or place in the pen. In fact, i got home today and let the nanny leave. She said they were all in the playpen so i went to change clothes (maybe 5 mins out of the room) and returned to find this:



See what I mean about wanting to be in the same place at the same time :)

Anyway, it is a lot of fun and brings a lot of joy to KT and I. I hope that it does for you as well

R&K

No comments:

Post a Comment