Sunday, February 19, 2012

First Trip and Play Time

So, Katie and I just got back from our first trip without the kids. We went to Phoenix, AZ from Wed to Sat for a sales conference with my work. It was the first time that we have both been away from the kids for more that 12 hours at a time. It took a lot of prep time and unbelievable family support to make it happen. Basically, Katie set up shifts for each group to take. The itinerary went like this:

Thur 6am - 5pm - Baba, Deda and Mimi (Deda takes Katie to the airport)

Thurs 5pm- 10am Fri - Nanny Grace Had Kade and Maggie - Aunt Kristen kept Larkin at her house

Friday 10am - 3pm - Bitzy and Aunt BB

Friday 3pm - Sat 3pm - JP and Baba

So as you can see from the times allotted above we have a tremendous family that took care of our babies so Katie and I could escape the routine for a few days. Now, since this was a business trip I was not really relaxing because I had meetings all day and night but it was extremely nice to get away from the everyday routines in our lives that can get so monotonous.  Its also nice to now know that it can be done. We can actually get away every now and then and know our kids will be ok. Its not that we don't think they will be ok its just that we get so worried that it will be overwhelming for whoever is taking care of them. One baby is one thing but three at the same time is a whole new experience. I mean, its not like they can tell you what is wrong and what they need. As anyone who has had children knows, 9 times out of 10 we can tell what is wrong because we are around them so much. Thats not the case so much with friends and family. Don't get me wrong, our family is around a ton but the kids change so fast that if you don't see them for a week a whole lot can change. And what people don't realize is that there is always someone fussy or something that needs to be done when there are triplets. In fact, as I type this now Kade is in his nap nanny crying for someone to come get him. I just fed the kids their afternoon bottle, put them down to watch Baby Einstein and he is wanting to either get a nap or play. (Hold on a sec, i'm going to go get him. Be right back - Yep, he was sleepy. Just rocked him and put him down for a nap) The point is that Katie and I realize how much work this is and feel bad asking people to do it for us. If its your kids its one thing but to ask grandparents and aunts and great grandparents to help when we know there is probably other things in their lives they need to be doing can be difficult. Especially when there are times Katie and I look at each other and think how in the world can we keep doing this? And If we are thinking it and its our children I just cringe at the thought of someone volunteering time to do it when its not their children. Maybe I'm a little too sensitive and Katie definitely tells me that I am but I just hate to put people out. So, with that in mind, seeing and hearing how it went this time has brought some confidence to me that its not as bad as I think it is. Also, Katie being able to set up the shifts I think really helped out a lot. I will tell you that JP and Baba pulling a full 24hours nonstop is pretty impressive! They had to do both a night time routine (and without reading Katie's instructions b/c they were so busy when they got here) and a early morning routine. Those two back to back and having to get up with the kids at night is tough! I am very impressed with how they handled it. We could tell that they were ready for a break by the time we got back though :) In the grand scheme of things it was only 2 nights but those 2 nights really made us feel better about doing it again in the future. Now, we realize that we need to return the favor so please don't hesitate to give us a call anytime any of you guys need anything.

Now, not only have we gone on our first trip without the kids but the kids have actually learned how to play in their exersaucers and Jumping chairs! Last week, Katie and I kept noticing the kids getting fussy whenever we left them on their backs a long time. They would get happy if we held them up and they could use their legs. This lead us to begin putting them in their play chairs and they love it. Katie is actually gone to pick up a new jumping chair as we speak because they love it so much. I've got some good pics and a video below. Oh, and Kade is able to spin 360 degrees on his stomach now. It will only be a few weeks before he will be crawling! Wow, that thought kinda frightens me. MOBILE TRIPLETS!!! Anyway, take a look at our beautiful babes below.

                                                             Kade Learned to Spin!

                                                           Sorry this is so long but its fun :)

Beautiful Mommy!

Yeah, this thing is pretty cool I guess 

You think if i pull this lever it will make Daddy stop singing to us in such a terrible voice?

What you say Hombre?

Hard at play!

Nope, it didn't work. We still have to listen to that awful noise coming from between his lips :(

Can I have a sister please?

Dinner time

Wow! Baby Einstein is Cool!

Let the show begin

I think therefore I drool

I love my blankie

Man this is fun

I LOVE DADDY

Dad, you forgot the popcorn and coke. Duh!

Watch out world here we come

Playtime is F.U.N.

Ms Lauren is A-OK

Dad, can't you see that flash is blinding your daughter?

Mommy and her baby girl

Take that knuckle sandwich lady

Oh, can you help a brotha out of this cartoon jungle please?

No comments:

Post a Comment