Friday, December 30, 2011

5 Months Old

I can't believe that our babies are 5 months old already. Time has flown by. Every day is different and every day our babies get bigger. I just hope and pray that I will be able to always remember them just the way they are right now. I love just holding each of them separately on my lap and looking at them. Their pretty eyes and toothless grins. The hoots that Larkin makes and the screeches that Kade belts out. I just love it. I find myself driving or doing something and my mind takes me to the memory of their sweet faces and a big warm sensation drowns me from head to toe. They, in my mind, are perfect. I have said on this blog before that I never realized how much love I was capable until I met my little ones. The great thing I've realized since I first said that 5 months ago it that not only does that feeling not go away it only grows stronger over time.

So, here is the update on the kiddos

Maggie     -   13Lbs and 5 Ozs
Kade         -   14Lbs and 14 Ozs
Larkin       -   16Lbs and 6 Ozs

Basically Kade is about 1.5 lbs bigger than Maggie and Larkin is about 1.5 lbs bigger than Kade. They are gaining roughly 1.5 lb to 2 lb (Larkin) per month. Katie introduced Oatmeal Cereal to Larkin the past few nights and he has actually slept most of the night. Maggie and Kade have been really good about sleeping already. As of today, we are on our third day of only 4 feedings per day. We are now feeding them at 7 am, 11 am, 3 pm and 7pm (We are doing a Cereal feeding around 6pm before their baths to Larkin. Kade and Maggie aren't really interested in the cereal yet) and then its bed time around 8pm. Katie and I literally looked at each other last night at 8pm and said, "What do we do now?" it has been months since we have had a couple hours to ourselves and it was nice. From what I understand, it should be pretty good like this for the next month or two then Teething, crawling and solid food start and it gets harder again. I know Katie and I are definitely looking forward to the semi break for a few months.

Got a couple new pics of Kade and Maggie sitting on the couch. Check them out below:

Look Daddy! I can sit on the couch



Million Dollar Smile

What Mommy?

Boys on this side and Girls on this side

Kade, I can sit up on the couch too you know!

Dad, I gotta raise a leg for this one :)

Hey, where is Bean?

No comments:

Post a Comment